Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Partnership (WSCP)
What Is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding refers to processes that are put in place to ensure that vulnerable people are not abused in any way, including physically, emotionally or sexually. This includes all procedures designed to prevent harm and neglect. Safeguarding also refers to the process of protecting children and adults by providing safe and effective care.
Multi-Agency Safeguarding Arrangements (MASA)
Working Together (2018) introduced a requirement for new multi-agency safeguarding arrangements to replace Local Safeguarding Children Boards. The responsibility for ensuring implementation of the new arrangements rests with the three named Safeguarding Partners; the Local Authority, the Police and Clinical Commissioning Groups. These partners have a shared and equal duty to make arrangements to work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children in the local area.
In Worcestershire the three Safeguarding Partners are:
- Chief Executive of Worcestershire County Council
- Chief Constable of West Mercia Police
- Accountable Officer for NHS South Worcestershire, NHS Wyre Forest and NHS Redditch and Bromsgrove Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)
In Worcestershire the Safeguarding Partners will work together as an Executive Group coming together with a wider group of relevant partners who will be known as the Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Partnership (WSCP). The new arrangements will be fully implemented by September, 2019. WSCP replaces the Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Board (WSCB), however guidance produced by WSCB remains valid and should be followed by professionals.
Further detailed information on the new arrangements can be found in the Worcestershire Safeguarding Children Partnership Plan
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to have in place multi-agency arrangements across our frontline services to enable children and young people to Get Safe and work together at a strategic level to enable them to Stay Safe.
- Children and young people are at the heart of what we do and we will make a positive difference to their lives
- We will work together with this as our collective responsibility
- We will have a culture of scrutiny and challenge
- We are a `learning partnership’ and we will promote best practice
- We will share information in an effective way and use it to intelligently inform our work
Key Board Documents