Mental Capacity Act
Mental Capacity Assessments
The Worcestershire Safeguarding Adults Board (WSAB) have published, several Safeguarding Adults Reviews (SARs) which found that the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) could have been better applied, including the use of best interest decisions and applying executive function. These include:
- Alison – Learning Brief (including executive function)
- Lucy – Learning Brief (including Best Interest Decisions)
- Mary – Leaning Brief (Including Best Interest Decisions)
- Jane – learning brief
- David – Learning Brief
Actions for Professionals and Practitioners
Both the full SAR reports and the learning briefs identify learning for professionals and practitioners.
In order that the learning can be taken forward you are asked
- Reflect on these cases within, supervision, team meetings and reflective sessions.
- Use the information in Learning Briefings and the resources we have produced in training where appropriate
Policies and Procedures
Further information on the Mental Capacity Act, including details on local policies and procedures, can be found by following the link below: